Frequently Asked Questions

Why is licensing music essential?

In essence, music licenses are legal agreements granting permission to use a track for a specific purpose. When you acquire the right license, you have the legal authority to use the music as outlined in the license terms. Using music without a license, or with an incorrect one, constitutes illegal use of an artist’s creation, potentially leading to legal repercussions.

Musicians and artists earn their livelihood through their creative work. Copyright laws are in place to ensure they can monetize their music. Our platform, Yummy Sounds, emerged with a mission: to enable musicians to profit from their music via licensing. When we authorize the use of their music, we’re essentially supporting their financial stability, allowing them to continue producing exceptional music.

And we strive to make licensing as simple, pleasant and yummy as possible for our customers.

How can you license music from our site?

Licensing music with us is easy, we’ve made it straightforward and user-friendly. The process begins with identifying the track you wish to use. Once you’ve made your selection and clicked the cart icon, our guided license form will lead you through a series of simple questions. These questions help determine the most suitable license type for your project, whether it’s for personal or commercial use, and the scale of your audience reach.

This video provides a step-by-step guide on navigating through our licensing system, ensuring you select the right license for your needs.

Why don’t we offer a subscription service?

At our core, we believe in fair compensation for artists, which is why we’ve chosen not to offer a subscription-based licensing model. While subscription services can seem convenient, they often do not provide equitable remuneration to the creators for their work.

Instead, we focus on a model that emphasizes fair single-license pricing. This approach ensures that artists are appropriately compensated for each use of their work, reflecting the true value of their creativity and labor. We believe that this method not only supports the artists more effectively but also encourages a diverse and rich selection of music for our customers. By choosing our platform, you’re directly contributing to a fairer and more sustainable music industry.

Is the music registered with content ID services like AdRev or HAAWK?

Yes, about 70% of our music is registered with Content ID services like AdRev or HAAWK. This registration is part of our commitment to ensuring fair compensation for our artists. However, if you receive a Content ID claim on YouTube for music you’ve licensed from us, you can easily dispute it using the formal license authentication provided in your invoice.

For more detailed guidance on handling such claims, please watch our video on this topic.

Check this link to get further instructions on disputing a claim in your YouTube account: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9948004?hl=en

Can I request custom changes to the music in your catalog?

Absolutely! We understand that sometimes you need a little extra to make it the perfect fit. If you need any minor or major changes to the composition, just let us know and we will be happy to work with you to make it happen. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us, please get in touch with us using the contact form below.

Do I need to obtain an additional performance license from ASCAP, BMI or GEMA when using your music?

Our music is registered with Performing Rights Organizations, but typically, you won’t need to acquire an extra performance license for its use. Online platforms, broadcasters, event organizer, or venue owner are responsible for these payments.

To better understand how this affects you and your project, we recommend watching our informative video on this topic. The video will guide you through the implications of PRO registered music and how it interacts with our licensing process, giving you a clearer picture of your rights and responsibilities when using our music.

List of public events that may require an additional license, either through the organizer or the venue:

Live Public Events: Concerts, festivals, and fairs.
Hospitality Venues: Restaurants, bars, and hotels.
Retail Spaces: Stores, shopping malls, and supermarkets.
Business Environments: Corporate events, offices, and trade shows.
Public Transportation: Buses, trains, and airport lounges.
Health and Fitness Centers: Gyms, yoga studios, and dance classes.
Entertainment Venues: Movie theaters, nightclubs, and arcades.
Media: Radio, television broadcasts, selfhosted streaming.

You can obtain a performance license through your national Performing Rights Organization (PRO) if your situation matches one of the listed usages above and the venue or organizer does not already possess a blanket license:

United States

ASCAP: https://www.ascap.com/music-users

BMI: https://www.bmi.com/licensing

SESAC: https://getalicense.sesac.com/

United Kingdom

PRS: https://www.prsformusic.com/licences/licensing-selector


SOCAN: https://www.socan.com/music-licensees/


APRA: https://www.apraamcos.com.au/music-licences/select-a-licence


GEMA: https://www.gema.de/de/musiknutzer/musiknutzung-oeffentlichkeit


SACEM: https://clients.sacem.fr/


SIAE: https://www.siae.it/it/utilizzatori/eventi-spettacolo-intrattenimento/


STIM: https://my.stim.se/shop/sv


BUMA STEMRA: https://bumastemra.nl/en/everything-for-music-users/


JASRAC: www.jasrac.or.jp

Are there any restrictions on the use of licensed music?

Yes, there are certain restrictions on how you can use the music you license from our site. These restrictions are in place to protect the rights of the artists and ensure that the music is used in a way that aligns with the terms agreed upon in the license.

For instance, you are not permitted to claim authorship of the music or resell it as an independent product. For more comprehensive information, please refer to our Terms of Use.

Is the license term perpetual for the project it was licensed for?

Yes, the license term is perpetual for the specific project for which the music was originally licensed and it’s a one-time payment. This means once you’ve licensed a track for a project, you can use it for the lifetime of that project without any additional fees or renewals.

However, if you are licensing music for a client and later wish to use the same track for a different client or a new project, you will need to obtain a new license for that specific use. Each project or client requires a unique license to ensure fair use and compensation for our artists.

Are there any additional services available?

Yes, we offer more than just licensing! Alongside our licensing services, we provide adaptations of existing music tracks, delivering STEM files and custom composition services. For these additional services, please get in touch with us using the contact form below.

Can I extend the license usages for a specific track after purchase?

Yes, you can extend the license usage for a specific track after your initial purchase. If your project scope changes or you need to use the music in additional ways not covered in your original license, please contact us to discuss updating your license terms.

Have any questions?

Please reach out to our support team for more information.